From Struggling with Customer Experience to Excelling: How One of the Nation's Top Builders Transformed Their CX
In 2021, Bokka was engaged by Holt Homes, one of the nation's fastest growing home builders, to address their poor customer experience (CX). They had experienced unprecedented growth, but with no established CX program in place, they were struggling to measure and act on their customer feedback.
Based in Vancouver, Washington, Holt Homes has been recognized as the Biggest Mover on the 2022 Builder 100 list, jumping 37 spots to break into the top 100 at the No. 85 spot. The company, founded over three decades ago, provides homes for families in Oregon and Southwest Washington, primarily serving first-time and move-up home buyers. With Holt Homes's recent acquisition by Japanese home builder Sekisui House, the company was expecting even more acceleration of its growth plan.
Holt Homes had experienced significant growth, but with no established CX program in place, they had been struggling to measure and act on customer feedback. Recognizing that customer experience needed to be a top priority, Holt Homes hired a new VP of Marketing & Customer Experience to lead the effort.
The Bokka Group was engaged to implement BuilderCX, a solution that leverages more than 20 years of experience measuring and improving the new home buying experience. Using the Qualtrics platform, the program was designed to drive measurable results in customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The new Voice of Customer (VoC) program included:
- Role-specific dashboards that provided insight into the performance of different departments of the home building organization, such as Sales, Design, Financing, Construction, and Warranty
- Expert-designed survey questions were aligned with critical moments in the buying and building process
- Pre-built surveys and dashboards accelerated the time-to-value for Holt's VoC program
- Action plans for follow-up and a ticketing system to help departments respond to customer feedback
The implementation of BuilderCX helped Holt Homes achieve unprecedented improvements in customer satisfaction and loyalty, as measured by their Net Promoter Score (NPS) – the preferred CX metric for builders.
They surpassed all expectations:
- Holt Homes' Net Promoter Score (NPS) scores, collected 30 days after move-in, increased from a score of 6 in 2021 to 35.8 at year-end 2022
- Surpassed the home building industry average NPS of 31.1, exceeding Holt Homes' goals in the first year
- Included data from over 2,700 surveys collected from Holt home buyers during that time.
- Action planning led to organizational accountability that scales with the growth of the company.
- Significant improvements in customer satisfaction, loyalty and referrals.